Thursday, March 22, 2012

Inspired!

Last Tuesday evening I attended the SFAA (film maker's group) meeting in Sacramento. Featured speakers were Chris King and his wife who presented their approach to making short films on a tight budget. They shared 2 shorts which were both quite moving.

The take home message was that you don't need the multi-million dollar budget to make a touching and inspiring film. Which gives me great courage to keep pushing forward on our dreams.

Presently I and the lead actors for a staged reading of "The Girl On The Train" are going over lines and polishing the writing a tad. This is version 29 of the script which has been in progress off and on for over 2 years. It keeps getting better and I think we've got an inspiring tale of faithfulness and courage.

Please email me at jim@orionsgate.org if you'd like to join the ranks of those who are following progress on these exciting stories.

Many blessings,


Jim

No comments: